Monday, December 17, 2007

Week 7 Google Tools

Play with Google Maps:
  • I have used Google Maps to locate some of the places visited during my recent world trip. I was particularly interested in locating a satellite image of the Sansters International Airport In Montego Bay, and Google Maps was very helpful (image to the right). I found it quite fascinating to use the Satellite locater to find places.

Play with Google Docs:
  • I have previously used Google Docs to produce a Spreadsheet that was shared among a group for a project.



Play with Google Book Search:
  • I found Google Book Search quite fascinating, because it does not limit your search to the bibliographic contents of a book only, but rather it searches the contents of the book to find a match for your search term. Google Book Search also allows you to preview the contents of your search results or at times even the entire text of the book. There are other features available to make the acquisition of a book quite easy.

No comments: