Wednesday, December 12, 2007

23 Things: Tasks 4 - 13 Completed

  • Joining a flickr group gave me access to a variety of useful group photos from which I found some great photos of Melbourne and of Australia in general, that I used, with the permission of the owners, to creat a DVD about life in Australia, particularly about life in the city of Melbourne. I shared these photos with groups of family and friends as I travelled to various countries around the world. Flickr also served as a repository for many of the photos I had on my digital camara, enabling me to make room for photos taken on my world trip and more recent ones. I inted to keep using Flickr for personal use as well as for use in my work environment.
  • I used Sign Generator.Org to create the sign above. After several trial and error, I was able to come to grip with the use of the sign genrator and I certainly enjoy using this tool. I envisage using this for various purposes in the future.
  • Link to my LibraryThing account: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/clevec . I have used LibraryThing to compile a few selection of my favourite book, and I hope to continue this project as time permits.


  • I have set up a feed reader using Google Reader and have so far subscribed to the BBC Front Page News feeds as well as to Michael Bubles top 10 tracks (my favourite album). I have also subscribe to Sign Generator's Blogs and Google Reader's Blog:



    • I have joined and explored the following social softwares; Facebook, MySpace and Orkut. I wasn't inspired to go beyone signing up for a MySpace account. However I did signed up for, used and explored Facebook and Orkut, since many of my friends were already using these. I didn't find these social software very useful beyond the novelty of discovering old friends and acknowledging new ones.

    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    http://www.customsigngenerator.com has hundreds of sign generators, from church signs to warning traffic signs. Even create your own sign generator with your own image.